An e-signature software (also known as an electronic signature) is an electronic process, symbol or sound that is logically associated or attached with a record or a contract and executed by a person with the intention to sign that record. In layman’s terms, we can say that an electronic signature is a person’s electronic expression of his or her agreeing to the terms and policies of a particular document.
What are the Benefits of E-Signature Software?
- You can get your documents signed from anywhere, so geography won’t be a problem.
- It eliminates the time and costs of scanning, printing, mailing, faxing and filing in paper formats.
- It enhances the security of the process
Electronic signing is secure, convenient, fast, green and extremely convenient, which contributes to an improved overall experience and thereby increases the importance of digital signature in business. E-signature offers the following advantages:
- Remote Access: E-signature makes it possible for users to sign agreements/documents no matter where the signer lives, thereby decreasing waste of time and materials. Rather than signing the hard copies manually which is a much more cumbersome process, people can sign the documents from anyplace possible thereby making it a convenient procedure.
- Tracking your progress: It can be really irritating to wonder, “Have they signed it yet?” or “Have they gone through my fax?” You can bid goodbye to those days when you were dependent upon manual signatures and adopt the new age electronic signatures. Digital signature software makes it convenient to track the progress of your documents in the online dashboard.
- Document Security: With advanced e-signature software (also known as a digital signature), you can protect your documents with high-level security. Each signature is safeguarded with a tamper-evident seal, which will alert you if any word or segment of the document is changed after signing. There is a highly detailed log of events of the document’s life cycle which comes along with the signed documents. Using this evidence, you can keep a record of the time at which the document is signed, which all signers have downloaded a copy of the completed document and much more.
- Minimizes expenses: The prime benefit of e-signature technology is that it is independent of ink and printers and also reduces the use of faxing. It’s possible to close deals in a few seconds even when people are thousands of miles away. Also, with the help of electronic signatures, it’s easy to manage tasks like e-filing, electronic file and database searches. All this helps in reducing business costs and the time needed for business processes.
Future of e-signature software
Digital Signatures have paved the way to a paperless future, so it is high time you suggest the idea of an upgradation at your office. Eliminating paper can save you significant resources, time and money while helping to improve customer experience.
You may also like to Read:
Using eSignature to Enhance Existing Technology Investments