Digital asset management (DAM) software offers a constructive way for enterprises to find, organize, store, share and retrieve digital content. DAM is easy to use and quick to deploy. It acts as a centralized digital library constituting of clients, peers, employees, clients and other key stakeholders.
What Is Digital Asset Management?
Digital asset management covers a substantial array of software solutions; from an individual’s personal database to solutions that imitate business content management to digital file library. The best DAM software has core capabilities that revolve around asset sharing, management, retrieval, cloud storage and features for brand management.
Role of DAM in marketing
Marketers have witnessed the rising importance of Digital Asset Management platforms. Organizations have started to experience better off integration into enterprise-level workflows and processes. This has happened since the integration of digital asset management software in the market.
Mentioned below are the key features to look for when implementing digital asset management for your business:
- Multi-platform Integration: If your organization invests in particular software, you need to make sure that it allows universal stakeholders to continue working on their choice of platform, without deviating from the current workflow. Easy integration is a much-needed feature, and DAM platforms facilitate accessibility of digital assets.
- Searchability: Waiting for file permissions is a massive waste of time. Furthermore, a file that cannot be found is hardly an asset. DAM features like providing custom queries, keywords, tags and auto-tagging ensure that files are simple to find. It smoothens out the entire workflow.
- Analytics: Some of the DAM systems offer expert insights that can help in planning marketing initiatives and drive data-backed decisions. This analytics feature usually helps in unpeeling elements that are related to the best-performing asset and how they’re being used.
- Bulk customization/editing: Users need a way to resize, format or change existing assets in volume. Digital Asset Management system offers easy adaptability to your organization’s changing needs.
- Easy previews: It would be confusing to view content without being able to see previews of content or thumbnails for that matter. DAM platforms are meant to showcase all of your digital assets.
DAM supports brand management, revenue generation, usage tracking, creative workflow automation, e-commerce, archival, backups and much more. Therefore, these features can help enterprises to save time and money, all this while improving your operations.