So you know your service company needs a field service management solution to organize and streamline your business processes.Your business has several challenges. You need to know where staff members are and what they’re doing on a day-to-day basis. You need to prepare work orders, schedule and dispatch jobs, and review new and incoming information from the field. Plus, you have to ensure quality standards are met and manage your overall finances. But where do you start?
A Buyer’s Guide for Field Service Companies – Field Service Management Solutions provides insight into common questions service companies ask when entering the purchasing process including:
- What should you look for?
- Which solution best suits your company?
- Which features are important, and which can you do without?
- What do you need to look for in a vendor?
- Regardless of the size of your business, managing a field service operation can be challenging, but the right software can make it easier.
If you’re currently doing all of this manually or using outdated or incompatible systems you could be incurring
considerable costs, exposing your business to costly errors, and wasting time. That time could be spent focusing on the value-add parts of running a business.
While some Customer Relationship Management (w) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solutions do offer services in some of these areas, they may not cater to your full range of requirements.
This guide for Field Service Management can help you navigate the decision-making process. it includes a summary of the key considerations when selecting a solution and a vendor, a step-by-step outline of the buying process, and what to expect after you’ve made your purchase.
How field service management software can help you
Today, more and more businesses are investing in software to gain more powerful insights and better control over their day-to-day business .A software solution can help you:
- Work faster and smarter by automating key processes and putting valuable information at your fingertips, whenever you need it.
- Improve efficiency in the field by giving individual workers access to the details they need and reducing ad-hoc communication with field workers.
- Get more organized through automatic scheduling, tracking, billing and reconciliation.
- Work remotely by giving your people access to the information and tools they need from their mobile device.
- Improve back-end processes by consolidating information and making it easier to track overall status and make quick decisions.
- Strengthen customer relationships by automating and streamlining your communication.
Choosing a solution – There are some key factors that you should consider when choosing a solution which have the potential to make a big impact long-term.
Vendors offer various pricing models, so it’s important to ask the following questions, try to uncover any hidden costs and eliminate surprises. When determining your budget, it’s helpful to have a range in mind, rather than a firm number.
Typically, one of the key benefits and features of field management software is its automated reporting. It’s vital that the solution you select has a reporting setup that specifically matches your needs.
The solution you choose needs to provide the key information you need to make better business decisions in an easy-to-use format.
One of the most important questions to ask regarding any field service management solution is its level of customization. Some providers may offer limited features, but customize the solution entirely to the business. Others may offer far more features but limited customization. Regardless of which solution impresses you the most, make sure it meets your needs.
Mobility is becoming more essential to doing business. Workers expect to be able to connect to the office anywhere, at any time. They expect to be able to get the information they need from their mobile device as soon as they need it. Plus, mobility delivers crucial benefits for flexibility and efficiency.Once you’ve made a decision, it’s time to engage a provider and start the customization and implementation process.
You may also like to Read: What is an ERP ? List of ERP Software for Small Business